Zhongtao Hu joined Department of Biomedical Engineering at WUSTL in 2019. He received his Ph.D. in Acoustics at Institute of Acoustics, Chinese Academy of Sciences. He worked on wave propagation physics, Ultrasonic guided wave imaging, and nonlinear ultrasonic. He is focusing on cavitation monitoring and location.
- Ph.D., Acoustics, Institute of Acoustics, Chinese Academy of Sciences (Beijing, China), 2019
- Visiting Scholar, The Leon H. Charney School of Marine Sciences, Haifa University (Israel), 2017
- B.S., Geophysics, Central South University (Changsha, China), 2014
- President’s award of Chinese Academy of Sciences, 2019
- National Scholarship, 2018
- Outstanding Graduates of Central South University, 2014
- Z. Hu, Z. An, Y. Kong, G. Lian, X. Wang, The nonlinear S0 Lamb mode in a plate with a linearly-varying thickness. Ultrasonics, 2019, (94),102-108.
- Katsnelson, B.G. and Z. Hu, Sound Field in a Coastal Wedge in the Area of a Thermocline’s contact with the sea bottom. Bulletin of the Russian Academy of Sciences: Physics, 2018. 82(5): p. 526-529.
- Lian, Z. Hu, X. WANG, Observation of hydroelectric shock wave propagating in liquid and solid, Journal of Applied Acoustics,2018,(05):701-705.
- An, Z. Hu, G. Lian, Quantitative measurement of ultrasonic stress field in solid media, Applied Acoustics,2018,(01):1-5.
- Z. Hu, Z. An, G. Lian, et al. Propagation Properties of Backward Lamb Waves in Plate by Dynamic Photoelastic Technique. Chinese Physics Letters, 2017, 34(11)
- Z. Hu, Z. An, G. Lian, Analyses of the interference by residual stresses on ultrasonic images in photoelastic experiment, Journal of Applied Acoustics,2016,(03):206-211.
- Z. Hu, Z. An, Asymmetric propagation of elastic waves in thickness-variable plates, technical Acoustics, National Acoustic Conference, 2018, Beijing, China. (oral presentation)
- Zuo, Z. Hu, Z. An, Laser Doppler measurement method of acoustic field in transparent solid, technical Acoustics, National Acoustic Conference, Beijing, China. (oral presentation)
- Z. Hu, Z. An, Nonlinear Lamb mode in a plate with varying thickness, 2018, Chongqing, China. (oral presentation)
- Z. Hu, H. Cui, Z. An, et al. Measurements of backward wave propagation using the dynamic photoelastic technique[C]//Ultrasonics Symposium (IUS), 2016 IEEE International. IEEE, 2016: 1-4, Tour, France. (oral presentation & ravel award)
- Z. Hu, Z. An, et al. Thickness measurement by backward wave motion in plate. First China Ultrasound Testing Conference, 2017, Baotou, China. (oral presentation)
- An, Z. Hu, et al. Optical visualization of leaky Lamb wave and its application in nondestructive testing. POMA Proc.Mtgs. Acoust. 2017, 32:030002. (oral presentation)
- Z. Hu, Z. An, lian guoxuan. Analysis of the interference of residual stress on ultrasonic image in photoelastic experiment, the 18th national conference on residual stress, 2015.10, Chengdu, China. (oral presentation)
- Separation method of dynamic stress and static stress in dynamic photoelasticity system, CN 105651433 B
- Stress measurement method based on dynamic light spring system, CN105675186B
- Ultrasonic stress quantification measuring method for photoelasticity experiment, CN105571752 B
- High stability dynamic photoelastic ultrasonic quantification measuring device and method, CN108106714A
- Dynamic photoelastic ultrasonic imaging method and system, CN107884061A
- Solid plate thickness measuring device based on recession wave and its method, CN 2019103492000A
- Device for sensing the target at the bottom of solid plate based on leaky lamb wave, CN 2019104513432A