- Email: email@example.com
B.S. Healthcare Management/Biomedical Science, National Taipei University of Nursing and Health Sciences (Taipei, Taiwan), 2016
M.S. Biomedical engineering, Chang Gung University (Taoyuan, Taiwan), 2018
Siaka Fadera’s master thesis was focused on investigating the effect of polyelectrolyte multilayer nano-film system on cancer stem cells microenvironment and how low intensity-ultrasound stimulation affects cancer stem cells. As a graduate research assistant, I worked on synthesizing and characterizing an injectable and thermosensitive chitosan hydrogel for the delivery of SDF-1 for adipose stem cell therapy. I have also worked on investigating the synergistic effect of retinoic acid with a TMZ-loaded gold nanoparticle associated ultrasound effect on glioblastoma cancer stem-like colonies. Entering Chen’s ultrasound lab, I am interested in developing novel focused ultrasound brain drug/gene delivery techniques for the treatment of brain cancer and other brain diseases.
Awards and prizes:
- Chang Gung University Academic Merit Scholarship, Sept 2016-June 2018 (Scholarship for outstanding foreign students)
- Taiwan International Cooperation and Development Fund Scholarship, Aug 2012-Aug 2016
- Siaka Fadera, Pin-Yuan Chen, Hao-Li Liu, and I-Chi Lee. Induction Therapy of Retinoic acid with a TMZ-loaded Gold Nanoparticle-Associated Ultrasound Effect on Glioblastoma Cancer Stem-Like Colonies. ACS Applied Materials & Interfaces 2021
- Siaka Fadera, Nai-Chen Cheng, Tai-Horng Young and I-Chi Lee. In vitro study of SDF-1α-loaded injectable and thermally responsive hydrogels for adipose stem cell therapy by SDF-1/CXCR4-axis. Journal of Materials Chemistry B 2020.
- I-Chi Lee, Siaka Fadera and Hao-Li Liu. Strategy of differentiation therapy: effect of dual frequency ultrasound on the induction of liver cancer stem-like cells on a HA-based multilayer film system. Journal of Materials Chemistry B 2019.
- Siaka Fadera, I-Chi Lee. Regulation of Cancer Stem Cells by Using Polyelectrolyte Multilayer Nano-Film System. IEEE International Conference on Nano/Molecular Medicine & Engineering, 2019, Gwangju, Korea.
- Siaka Fadera, I-Chi Lee. Effect of Low Intensity Ultrasound Stimulation on the Differentiation of Liver Cancer Stem Cells. International Advanced Drug Delivery Symposium & Annual Meeting of Biomaterials and Controlled Release Society, 2019, Hsinchu, Taiwan.