M.Sc. Molecular Biology and Biotechnology, Pan African University, Institute for Basic Sciences, Technology and Innovation (PAUISTI), Kenya (2018)
Bachelor of Pharmacy (B. Pharm), Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Nigeria (2013)
Judith Sokei is a multiple award-winning pharmacist and molecular biotechnologist. She joined the Cancer Biology Ph.D. program in the Division of Biology and Biomedical Science (DBBS) at WUSTL in 2020. Judith earned her Master of Science degree in Molecular Biology and Biotechnology from the Pan African University, Institute for Basic Sciences, Technology and Innovation, Kenya, in 2018 and Bachelor of Pharmacy (B. Pharm) degree from the Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Nigeria, in 2013. She is passionate about developing new, improved, and individualized cancer therapeutics and ensuring that these cutting-edge discoveries are made accessible to all, especially the under-served communities.
- Nigerian Institute of Medical Research (2019-2020); Focused on the application of genomic tools to achieve personalized treatment and treatment optimization in management of HIV/AIDS, febrile illnesses and other viral diseases
- Kenya Medical Research Institute (2016-2018); MSc. Thesis Project – Explored bio-nanotechnology as a way of improving the efficacy of cancer drugs and elucidated the molecular mechanism involved using cancer cell lines and mouse tumor models.
- Bachelor’s Degree Project, Nnamdi Azikiwe University (2012-2013); Elucidated the prescription pattern and use of psychotropic drugs in tertiary and secondary health institutions in South-East Nigeria
- Chika K Onwuamah, Azuka P. Okwuraiwe, Rahaman A. Ahmed, Judith O Sokei, Jamda Ponmak, Leona C. Okoli, Brian A. Kagarusi, Joseph Anejo-Okopi. Laboratory Optimization Tweaks for Sanger Sequencing in a Resource-Limited Setting. J Biomol Tech. 2020 Oct 16: jbt.20-3104-006. https://dx.doi.org/10.7171%2Fjbt.20-3104-006
- Nghilokwa E, Sokei J, Mwitari P, Maina N. Sub-acute and chronic toxicity of silver nanoparticles synthesised by Azadirachta indica extract. African Journal of Biotechnology. A0BFB2D63881|Vol 9(6), pp 320-331, June 2020. https://doi.org/10.5897/AJB2020.17057
- A patent under the Kenya Industrial Property Institute (KIPI) on Azadirachta indica Nanoparticle Anticancer Formulation (Filed Sep 5, 2018 Patent issuer and number-KE; KE/P/2018/2998)
- Sokei J.O, Maina N., Mbugua R, Ng’etich J, Kiriria P, Mwitari P. “Potential on Azadirachta indica Silver Nanoparticles in Treatment of Colorectal Cancer” (2019); NIMR 6th International Scientific Conference; Lagos, Nigeria.